Deadline: first-come, first-served. Please read all the entire application package.
In Texas, we know one thing is certain: Texas Agriculture Matters!
In an effort to put more Texas wines in front of Texas consumers, the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) invites event organizers to apply for the Texas Regional Event Grant Program (Program). By showcasing Texas agriculture, your attendees will be able to sample and learn about some of the best products in the state.
Your membership in GO TEXAN will allow you to apply for reimbursement of up to $1,500 in approved, event-related expenses from the Texas Wine Program. Your event must showcase, highlight and promote Texas wines. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants.
Eligibility. To be eligible to participate in this Program, you must adhere to the following criteria.
- Applicant/event must be a current GO TEXAN member at the time the application is submitted, and throughout the duration of the Program.
- Texas wines must be the focus of the event and a direct consumer education component must be part of the approved activity.
- Event must be conducted between September 1, 2016 and August 31, 2017.
- Limit of one application for funding per event.
- Applicants/events are only eligible for funding once every two years.
- Applicants must complete the application, sign the certification, and include all additional applicable information to be eligible. Applications will not be considered until complete.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event to allow TDA sufficient time for review and approval. Applications submitted after the event will not be eligible.
Requirements. The Grantee must agree to feature/include Texas wines.
- A minimum of four Texas wineries actively participating per festival is required for consideration.
- Additional consideration in the scoring process will be given to proposals featuring Texas wine in multiple ways, or proposals which feature additional Texas products. The maximum reimbursement amount will not exceed $1,500.
- Applicant must certify compliance with all state and local Health Department (food), and Texas Alcoholic and Beverage Commission (alcohol) related permits, as well as any other permits required by local authorities.
Important note: TDA funding may not be used to purchase alcoholic beverages of any kind.